Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting Ready for a Jet Plane

It is almost here!! I leave for Russia on Monday. I fly to Dallas, then to Atlanta, then to Moscow, then to Vladivostok. For those of you keeping track that is two days of travel!! But all worth it. I have my court hearing on the 19th. The decree is not final for 10 days, at which time I will be posting pictures of my little miracle. I will be in Vladivostok for two weeks and then to Moscow for a week to process out through the U.S. Embassy. My friend Kristi, who is adopting from Russia, might have her first trip at a time that overlaps my trip. I hope I hope I hope!!

I have been very blessed. When I adopted Emma, my wonderful friend Caryn came and met in Moscow and helped me bring Emma home. Now with Elle, my friend Debbie (who also adopted from Russia) will be meeting me in Moscow to help me home. How did I get so very fortunate to have such good friends?

I will not be home until the 8th of July. Please keep my parents and little Emma in your prayers. Please also keep the agency and our adoptive parents in your prayers as well. I will be available by email and phone, but I have control issues!!

Thank you all for your prayers so far. Thank you for helping me to bring our little Elle home!

1 comment:

kasogayle said...

I cannot wait to see pictures...safe travels, my friend. I'll be praying for you and Elle and Emma!