Monday, June 16, 2008

The Dallas wait

So, I am new to this blogging thing. When I adopted Emma I don't think it had been invented, or at the very least, I had not stumbled upon it. I am starting to get really excited. This adoption experience has been so different from adopting Emma. In some ways it has been much easier, but in some ways so much harder. The waiting has been easier, because my mind was occupied with Emma. But the leaving is so very hard, because my mind is occupied with Emma. But I am very excited to meet Ellie. The little girl I am going to meet turned one in March. She is cute as a bug has a full set of teeth (the better to bite me with I am sure). Emma is so very excited about the prospect of a little sister. It is usually a task to get her up early. But this morning, at 5:30 am, I woke her up with the simple words "today Momma goes to Russia to meet Ellie." She actually popped up with excitement. You all will have to help me remind her of that when she is older and doesn't want to share a car (or a bicycle at the rate I am going). Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. My parents have Emma to themselves for a week, so you might include them in your prayers too. Love Merinda

5 comments:

Lara said...

How AWESOME!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Let us know when you are headed home! All of our love is with you both and Emma here at home!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Merinda! Shelly and I are looking forward to being on the US end of these updates!

Where in Russia are you going?

swhook said...

So excited for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how hard it is to leave one little one behind while you go to see the new one.

kasogayle said...

I can't wait to read all of the updates AND to meet Ellie!!! Safe travels!!!

Unknown said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Emma, Ellie and the grandparents waiting at home! Can gardly wait to hear all about you beautiful new duaghter and trip.