Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A bit ago

Ok, well, I can’t get on the internet now, so this won’t be posted in real time. I arrived in Moscow at about 10:30 Moscow time. I was met by Tatianna, a very friendly woman who appears to be in her late 30's, but must be older since she has a 29 year old daughter. Tatinana seems to be surrounded by a flurry of activity. She talks fast, walks quickly, and laughs often. I instantly took a liking to her. She and Nick (the driver) picked me up, took me to the hotel (which rents by the ½ day) to check in, and then to the airport I would leave from to walk me through the process of leaving this evening.
Once left back at the airport, I just collapsed. I called in for two wake up calls at 6:00 pm and prayed for God to wake me up at 5:00 pm.
God, once again, came through. At 4:57pm, I very slowly and with great reluctance, woke up. After getting ready, I took the hotel shuttle to the airport and sit here now waiting. My flight leave at 9:40 pm. It is a 4 ½ flight, but because of time changes, I will arrive in Kemerovo at 6:00 am.
Things here seen much as I left them four years ago. There is a bit more seating in the airport and now the pay phones take credit cards – but not American Express. Last trip, though, I was in the airport waiting with an American couple, the Gurta’s. They were wonderful and we spent about 13 hours in the airport together. This wait should be must shorter, but I could use the company.
The Russian people are reserved by American standards – certainly by Texas standards and of course there are different standards of personal space and courtesies. Not better or worse, but different. I do miss my little Emma. Love to everybody. Merinda

No comments: